Friday, November 11, 2016

Veteran’s Day–Honoring My Hero


Veterans-Day-USA-Flag

Today is our official day to thank the many men and women who have served, or currently serve, our country in the Armed Forces.  Veterans Day has been celebrated on November 11th to commemorate the day that World War I ended. Originally known as Armistice Day until being changed in 1954 to Veterans Day.  A day of honoring Americans veterans of all wars. 


So, today I would like to honor my hero, my Dad, who is a Veteran of the Korean War.  He served in the Army from 1954-1956. 
Dad in uniform Dad in uniform 4
He was stationed at Fort Dix, New Jersey and at Fort Richardson, Alaska (land of my birth).

Dad in uniform 2
Dad in uniform 3
  Serving in the Snow in Alaska
 
So, thank-you Dad for serving our Country and thank-you to all the men and women who have or are currently serving!
 
36183568-veterans-day-pictures
Enjoy the journey,
Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment