The transcription is as follows;
Several thoughts I have after reading;
- Daniel’s wife Jemima Howell Warner was still alive when this will was written. Was it just expected that she would be taken care of by her children and she didn’t need to be mentioned in the will? She would actually die 8 months after Daniel in 1870.
- Daughter Susan was married (2 years) at the time of the will to Beriah Cleaves.
- Son Lewis I believe was married at the time of the will to Eliza Fanning Warner.
- Son Goldsmith would never marry.
- Son Daniel (my 2x great grandfather) was appointed one of the Executors. He was married at the time of his father’s will (16 years) to Eleanor Howell Warner.
- Daughter Joanna was married at the time of the will (17 years) to David Wells Howell.
- Daughter Jemima was 23 years old and unmarried. She would later marry Stephen Randall.
- It seems that Daniel was trying to distribute materials and property evenly among his children.
- There is no mention in Daniel’s will of any grandchildren. I know that Daniel and Eleanor had at least 8 children at the time of their grandfather’s will.
If you have any corrections or additions or stories to share I look forward to hearing them.