I use Legacy Family Tree software to maintain my family tree. I have trees posted on My Heritage and on Ancestry but these are not my primary trees. On my Legacy Software I go to Help then About Legacy then General to view my Family File Information. Here is what mine looks like for 2018:
A review of the statistics in my Legacy tree that I am most interested in:
I continue to add individuals and new Surnames but the statistic I am most proud of this year is my continued increase in my citations! The deeper I get in to my research the more important citations of where I found previous information becomes. With the limited amount of time I have to do research, recording citations is not always easy. Thank-you to my friend and fellow blogger Diane Gould Hall for the continued guidance and encouragement for doing this.
Some of my accomplishments this year:
- General Society of Mayflower Descendants certificate for successfully proving I am a descendant of John & Priscilla Alden. (See previous post)
- I presented twice this year-in April I did the first presentation of Carrie’s Letters: Researching the People for the San Diego Genealogical Society. In October I presented Carrie’s Letters: Bringing Ancestral Letters to Life for the Sacramento German Genealogy Society in October.
- I published 50 blog posts. My most viewed blog post of 2018 was DNA Chromosome Mapping with a total views of 2,592. An all time record!
- Several cousins found me by searching for information of relatives and discovered posts about them on my Blog. Thank-you for reaching out to me and for asking questions for me to research. DNA testing has helped me find and connect with several other cousins. I am always happy to find new cousins! I enjoy sharing the information I have found with others and glad my cousins also enjoy the information about our ancestors.
- Thank-you to Marie for hosting yet another great Warner Cousin’s Christmas Luncheon and to Sofia for joining us:
Goals for next year:Hollie, Debby, Kallie, Suzanne & granddaughter Sofia, and Marie
- I hope to finish editing Carrie’s Letters so they can be published for my cousins to read.
- I am working on 2 new presentations (Researching Land Records using a case study and one on Wills and Probate Records) and hope to roll them out soon.
- Complete another 50 blog posts.
- Attend 2 National Genealogical Conferences. So much to learn, so little time :)
It truly is the ‘journey’ that is the reward!
Enjoy the journey,