Sunday, February 5, 2017

Where Were They Born? 5 Generations of Births

I thought I would do something a little different this week.  Our data is so important but sometimes you get a new perspective when you look at the data in a different way.  I have wanted to do a Birth Place Chart.  (Thank-you to fellow genealogist J. Paul Hawthorne for creating the template for this chart.)  Paul designed the color coded chart to be for 5 generations.

Family Birth Chart 5 generations

How interesting!  The color coding really helps the states/countries stand out.  Before doing the chart I hadn’t really thought about the fact that for 5 generations on my paternal side everyone was born not only in the US but in New York state.  I also see now that my 5th generation on my maternal side are my first immigrant ancestors. 

What would you find if you did one on your family?  Paul’s chart is available on his website GeneaSpy.


If you have any corrections or additions or stories to share I look forward to hearing them.
Enjoy the journey,
Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment