A look back at the last year-
Over the past year I have created and published about 52 blog posts.
Some of my Favorite Posts this year-
- It’s Official! I Proved it! This was a major accomplishment for me. I was able to find the information and prove to the Alden Kindred Society that I was a descendant of John & Priscilla Alden of the Mayflower. My perseverance and research skills were validated.
- Recording a Family Thanksgiving Tradition. I enjoyed recounting my father’s memories and finding videos that added to his story.
- Heading Back to School in 1880 and Back at College in 1880. From my paternal Great-Grandmother Carrie’s Letters. I enjoyed hearing about her trip back to college in Trenton, New Jersey and about the college itself.
Followers – 12
My most viewed blog was – Finding my Pilgrim Ancestors-John and Priscilla Alden with 1304 page views. To date this is my most viewed blog post.
What I’ve learned:
- Providing a link to my blog post on related Facebook groups has helped me find cousins and allowed me to share family history with them in a much easier format. I have received some very valuable research help from others. It really does take a community frequently and I am grateful for others willing to help and share their experiences. I have also tried to assist others when possible.
- I think as I reach out to other people on public trees having a blog to refer them to gives me a little more credibility as a researcher and someone who is happy to share information.
- Using the right media to help tell a story can really enhance the information and help readers understand the time period.
- I can enhance the sometimes just bare facts of a person’s life by adding information about the time period around the facts.
My goals for this next year:
- To once again publish at least 50 posts while continuing to work full time.
- Prove to the Mayflower Society that I am a descendant of John & Priscilla Alden.
- Make the stories of my ancestors’ lives be more than just dry facts. Help the readers understand the time period better.
My updated Surname word cloud:
A VERY SPECIAL THANK-YOU TO ALL MY READERS! I enjoy the comments you make and/or questions you ask. I’m always looking for new directions to research or information that is questionable and needs verification.
It has been another great year for me as a blogger. On to new discoveries and new cousin connections and maybe some great new photos.
If you have any corrections or additions or stories to share I look forward to hearing them.
Enjoy the journey,