Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sunday Obituary-Harriet “Hattie” Browning DeLeon Coolbaugh

I recently wrote a post about my maternal 2x great-grandmother Harriett Browning DeLeon Coolbaugh.  (Please click on the link to see the post for details on Hattie’s life.)  After completing the post I was then able to find Hattie’s obituary through Newspapers.com from The Ithaca Journal (Ithaca, New York) Wednesday, March 19, 1930:
image

Some thoughts:

In her obituary Hattie is listed to have been living at 502 North Plain Street, Ithaca, New York.  This is where I believed she was living, with her daughter Amanda Cooper and her family, after tracing her through the City Directories for Ithaca.

I knew my great-grandmother Nettie Cornell had died (1925) before her mother Hattie but I believe that Hattie’s son Max Morris Coolbaugh didn’t die until 1949.  Hmm… he was living in California at the time of Hattie’s death.  Was there a reason he wasn’t mentioned or was it an oversight?

Who was the daughter listed as Mrs. Harry Bruch?  Well, big thanks to my cousin Wendy, who made an amazing discovery about Hattie’s first husband, that is another piece of Hattie’s story to be told in a follow-up on her life.  I so enjoy working with my family to find the answers to those missing pieces!!  I was also given a lead on Hattie's death certificate.  Now to find family that may have a picture of Hattie…

If you have any corrections or additions or stories to share I look forward to hearing them.
Enjoy the journey,
Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment