Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Wedding Anniversary of James Hammond and Edna Cornell Hammond

wedding Anniversary Edna James Hammond

My maternal Grandparents-Edna Chloe Cornell and James Jacob Hammond were married 83 years ago today.

Hammond James & Edna Wedding book
Hammond James & Edna Wedding book 2
Hammond James & Edna Wedding book 3

Most of the guests were relatives and friends of my Grandmother who grew up and lived in the area of Spencer, New York.  (See blog post- Celebrating the Life of Edna Chloe Cornell).  My Grandfather was born and raised in Iowa.  (see blog post- Celebrating the Life of James Jacob Hammond).  I find it interesting that in 1928 my grandfather’s sister –Mrs. Frank Shove (Margaret Hammond Shove) came all the way from Cherokee, Iowa to attend her brother’s wedding. (see blog post- Tombstone Tuesday-Margaret (Hamman) Hammond Shove)
I wish I had a picture of my grandparents together.  Maybe one day I will find a picture.

If you have any corrections or additions or stories to share I look forward to hearing them.
Enjoy the journey,
Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment